The challenge was to install the Hemi without cutting the hood, firewall, main frame or the front core support and suspension pivot points. We cut out the factory motor mount structure as we needed to get the motor
low and far enough back so we could close the hood. We had to make a custom bell housing that shielded the ring gear and housed the starter. We also took an old case, trimmed it down, plated it and mounted our mid
mount or rear motor mounts off the bell housing. Now we were ready to make the mounts off the chassis. We welded the rear mounts to the factory rear cross member. Used urethane bushings and made it with removable
plates so the motor could come forward and out, if needed. We then made a sub structure that the motor mounts bolted to and we welded the brackets to the chassis. Now the factory driveline goes straight to the
transmission input via rubber bisquits. Since we lowered the motor to clear the hood, the back of the crankshaft is no longer in line with the trans. We made a crankshaft adaptor and mounted a traditional driveshaft
to couple them. The factory idlers, tensioners, pumps, pulleys, ect proved to be another hurdle. We ended up using LSX front accessories and used a center sump shortened oil pan to clear the ground. We also used a
mopar 4 barrel intake (injected) to lower the intake. We now have room for the factory ac condensor and a custom aluminum radiator with triple fans.